I READ THE NEWS TODAY, OH BOY...

 

Freshwater East

05.45, freezing cold and reading the papers on the computer whilst Julia takes HER dog out for a wee. 


Canaston Woods



“Shall we get a dog?”


“Of course you can dear.”


Berries



BUT THERE’S A PROBLEM.


The more articles that I read, the angrier I get. Is it me or is it that this Country is on its way to hell in a handcart? The new “spin” out there from Mr bad hair day Potato Head seems to be to depress us into submission. 




“Show them pictures of people dying, that’ll keep ‘em indoors. Do it while they’re eating their tea and I want Grannies, lots of Grannies and lots of crying relatives, maybe even a few body-bags!”


Perhaps it’s just me getting old and living in the past but I think that People were less racist in the days of Alf Garnet, Dave Allen and the Black and White Minstrel show. I mean....You can’t even get slaves in Harrods anymore, especially ones that can jump down, turn around and pick a bale of cotton. 


“Oops there goes another statue..”


Woodland walkers



I remember when “BL” stood for British Leyland and not some half baked, half kneeling, money raising scam because one poor, misguided soul with a history of criminal intentions got wasted by the the guy with a six shooter and a silver star.


I remember the days before we put  the Equal Opportunity Act poster in the building site tea hut when there was just a handwritten joke stating;-


“Mick, Mac, Paddy, Wack. Leave the Wog alone.” 


 And Spastics! Whatever became of them and their Society and those thigh-high collection boxes of a small child with a calliper and a puppy outside the local fag shop. You know, the ones that are now selling for around £1000 on EBay! 


The problem is that no-one then really seemed to take offence in those days. Back to the dear old, politically correct BBC. Listen to some of Alf Garnet’s rants. They’re still available on You-Tube.

Stackpole Lake


Still, hope is on the horizon. Wales are playing Scotland today in a proper game with a proper ball that you have to pick up and run with. None of this mamby-pamby shirt lifting bunch of overpaid woke w*****s that are capable of banking half a million quid a week but can’t drive a car that’s capable of more than 40mph and can’t take a bit of gentle ribbing, running about kicking a ball from one end of a croquet lawn to the other.


The great Nigel Owen summed it up when witnessing a rugby player taking a dive and clutching his knee...”This isn’t soccer you’re playing boyo....”




Anyway, enough from me. I’m off for a shower and if the Goody Two Shoe brigade have me banged-up for lack of anger management at least I’ll get my Covid Jab on time.


“Robin”
The Thinker.




Comments