When two tribes go to war.



Gosh, a month and a bit since my last post. Blame Wimbledon, blame the Olympics but don’t blame that stupid football competition. Why not make the same fuss of the Lions Tour?



I’ve not even been out and about much with the camera but I have been practicing a bit, indoors and out.


Getting technical…. HDR, HI RES, Focus stacking, Aperture stacking. All quite confusing for an old git who can only just remember the old 620, 120 and 127 film sizes.


Ha….how about glass plate negatives I hear you ask. Well don’t. I was present when my dad dumped a suitcase full of his dad’s glass plate negatives that were taken in the 1920’s on the North West Frontier. Pictures of Afridos, Orakzais, Waziris and Mahsuds perhaps. To me they were just people in turbans!


People did stupid things like that once. I even watched “Finding Vivian Maier” the other day and enjoyed the first half but then lost interest when it diverted from photography to her life as a rather bizarre nanny.



Now Julia and I are preparing for a holiday in the Lakes. It’s a few weeks off but nothing like getting ready early. Two weeks in Pooley Bridge at pre-Covid rates. Luckily we booked early!



Who knows, maybe even some colour photos of the rain!


Be lucky peeps x.






Comments